Clayton Utz has the leading Private Equity team in Australasia, comprising corporate, debt financing, tax and insolvency specialists. As the first dedicated private equity team to be established among Australasian law firms, our team have advised three of the four major Australian funds on their fund structuring and tax work (namely Pacific Equity Partners, Ironbridge Capital and CHAMP). Complementing this experience is our work alongside other domestic and international private equity investors, investee companies, financiers and other corporate advisers.
- market leading execution skills, from acting on some of Australasia's largest and most complex public-to-private transactions.
- a multidisciplinary team providing a seamless and integrated service across corporate, equity, debt, tax, insolvency and litigation.
- outstanding lawyers who combine first-rate technical skills with sound strategic and commercial judgment.
- particular expertise in developing tax-effective structures including structures with flow-through benefits for offshore investors, gained from advising US and European funds.
- unique experience in debt-financing including in relation to debt structuring of leveraged acquisitions and on debt restructuring in distressed asset situations "whole of transaction" and "life of investment" skills.
- creativity in deal design and structuring to meet your commercial objectives.
- an understanding of the latest domestic and international developments in private equity.
- good working relationship with the Australian Venture Capital Association, the leading industry body in Australia.