Clayton Utz has for many years advised a number of significant Australian and international clients on their activities in Africa with an emphasis on the mining, energy and natural resources and corporate M&A areas. With both Africa and Australia's mining industry expanding and adapting to changing conditions, it provides opportunity for both countries to build relationships within the industry. We anticipate that Africa will continue to be an important player in the international mining industry and our ability to provide expert legal advice in this region is an important element in the expansion plans of many of our clients.
- acted as Australian legal counsel to a mining company from the Democratic Republic of Congo with respect to the raising of approximately C$150 million.
- acted for a Western Australian Oil and Gas company in relation to various West African projects.
- acting for the owner of a copper project in Zambia including drafting the tender documents and a 2-Stage EPCM contact.
- acted in relation to the acquisition of diamond exploration properties in Botswana.
- acted for various companies in relation to mining projects in South Africa.
- undertaking high level due diligence and drafting a Legal Due Diligence Report for a South African company in relation to its acquisition of shares in an Australian steel manufacturing company.